Active Canberra offers a range of face-to-face education and training sessions as well as online webinars to build the capacity of the sport and recreation sector in the ACT.
Training Sessions - Face-to-face
Active Canberra delivers a range of face-to-face sessions in the following key areas:
- Coaching and Officiating
- Club Development
- Sports Integrity
The benefits of attending a face-to-face training session include:
- Being able to ask questions during the session;
- Sharing of experiences and ideas with participants from the sport/recreation sector; and
- Networking with other participants from the sport and recreation sector.
To register to attend any of the sessions, please click on the registration tab and complete the online registration form.
Training Calendar - Face-to-face
|7/3/17||Member Protection Information Officer Training Course||5.30pm - 9.30pm||Active Canberra (Canberra Nara Centre, 1 Constitution Avenue, Canberra City)||21/2/17||Register Now|
Active Canberra frequently updates this calendar as new courses/workshops become available. You are encouraged to regularly check this site for updates.
Training Sessions – Online
Active Canberra has partnered with Sports Community to offer Club Spot. Club Spot is an exciting new FREE online resource hub and support system that helps to guide and empower community sport and recreation volunteers through all of the important tasks that need to be completed throughout the year. Monthly email support will provide clubs with checklists of the specific tasks that need to be completed during that part of the season and the easiest and best way to get it done!
Once you have registered you will have access to:
- Online, accessible, clear and simple video training programs. There is an extensive list of over 20 topics including fundraising, social media and club leadership;
- Printable tools, resources, templates and checklists; and
- Monthly emails containing 'To do checklists' of key activities for the month, specific to your season. Each email will have links to the best available training and support resources for each task.
The online sessions are available on demand and you are strongly encouraged to allocate time on your Committee meeting agenda to view the modules within the chosen topic area with your fellow Committee members.
To create your Club Spot membership account and set your password, please visit Sports Community Website.
Once you have registered you will be taken to your Cub Spot Home Page where you can make use of a comprehensive library of resources. If you log out and want to revisit Club Spot, simply head to the login page.
Project Officer Education and Training
Phone: (02) 6207 2073 (+61 International)
Fax: (02) 6207 2071 (+61 International)