Active Canberra offers a range of face-to-face education and training sessions as well as online webinars (commencing in March 2016) to build the capacity of the sport and recreation sector in the ACT.
Training Sessions - Face-to-face
Active Canberra delivers a range of face-to-face sessions in the following key areas:
- Coaching and Officiating
- Club Development
- Sports Integrity
The benefits of attending a face-to-face training session include:
- Being able to ask questions during the session;
- Sharing of experiences and ideas with participants from the sport/recreation sector; and
- Networking with other participants from the sport and recreation sector.
To register to attend any of the sessions, please click on the registration tab and complete the online registration form.
Training Calendar - Face-to-face
|16/08/16||Bringing Your Constitution in to the 21st Century||6pm - 8.30pm||Active Canberra, Canberra Narra Centre, 1 Constitution Avenue, Canberra City||5/08/16||Register now|
|25/08/16||The Role of the Director and the Board (workshop 1 of a 4 part series)||6pm - 9pm||Active Canberra, Canberra Narra Centre, 1 Constitution Avenue, Canberra City||17/08/16||Register now|
|1/09/16||Introduction to Financial Statements for not-for-profit Directors (workshop 2 of a 4 part series)||6pm - 9pm||Active Canberra, Canberra Narra Centre, 1 Constitution Avenue, Canberra City||24/08/16||Register now|
|8/09/16||Introduction to the Strategic Role of the not-for-profit Directors (workshop 3 of a 4 part series)||6pm - 9pm||Active Canberra, Canberra Narra Centre, 1 Constitution Avenue, Canberra City||31/08/16||Register now|
|15/09/16||Risk: Issues for not-for-profit Directors (workshop 4 of a 4 part series)||6pm - 9pm||Active Canberra, Canberra Narra Centre, 1 Constitution Avenue, Canberra City||7/09/16||Register now|
|21/09/16||Member Protection Information Officer (MPIO) Training||5.30pm - 9.30pm||Active Canberra, Canberra Narra Centre, 1 Constitution Avenue, Canberra City||7/09/16||Register now|
|20/10/16||Risk Management Training||6pm - 9pm||Active Canberra, Canberra Narra Centre, 1 Constitution Avenue, Canberra City||10/10/16||Register now|
|16/11/16||How to Run Effective Meetings and Take Better Minutes||6pm - 8.30pm||Active Canberra, Canberra Narra Centre, 1 Constitution Avenue, Canberra City||7/11/16||Register now|
Active Canberra frequently updates this calendar as new courses/workshops become available. You are encouraged to regularly check this site for updates.
Training Sessions – Online (commenced March 2016)
Active Canberra has partnered with Sports Community to offer a range of free online webinar training sessions for community sport and recreation organisations in the ACT. Below is a list of each of the topic areas, which contain a number of modules to complete (please refer to the Training Calendar – Online table below for a breakdown of each of the webinar sessions):
- Empowering your Committee - Successful Committees use their resources wisely to achieve club goals. Empowering your Committee is one way to make the most of the skills, time and passion that people bring to the club. The information in this section starts from understanding what the characteristics of a successful club looks like, through to learning how to attract new volunteers to set the club on the right path for success. If you are on a Committee or thinking of joining one - get a great insight into making your participation count.
- Fundraising for your club - Whether you are fundraising for new facilities or to send a team or player to an event, fundraising plays an important part of meeting club financial goals. Learn the fundamentals of fundraising before exploring a range of different types of activities and events to help your club meet their financial commitments.
- Getting social to share the message - How can you use social media at your club? It’s a great way to keep your club members and wider community supporters in the loop and create a buzz about the things happening in your club.
- Communicating with your supporters - What is digital communications and how can it help drive membership and reduce the time your volunteers spend working at the club. There is now a vast array of free tools that can help you communicate with your supporters. You will also learn techniques to make your newsletter speak volumes.
The online sessions are available on demand and you are strongly encouraged to allocate time on your Committee meeting agenda to view the modules within the chosen topic area with your fellow Committee members.
This will ensure that each of the sessions are available for the breadth of community sport and recreation clubs/organisations across the ACT.
To register to attend one of the topic areas, please click on the register tab and complete the online registration form. Once you have successfully completed this action, you will receive correspondence on how to view the chosen modules.
Training Calendar - Online
|Topic Area||Modules Covered in the Webinars||Duration||Registration|
|Empowering your Committee||Register now|
|Fundraising for your club||Register now|
|Getting social to share the message||Register now|
|Communicating with your supporters|
Digital communication sessions:
Project Officer Education and Training
Phone: (02) 6207 2073 (+61 International)
Fax: (02) 6207 2071 (+61 International)