Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
Active Canberra supports the sport and recreation sector and the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community to provide opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to participate in physical activity.
2017 Inclusive Participation Funding Program (IPFP) Open for Applications
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders;
- Culturally and linguistically Diverse (CALD) People;
- Older Adults; and
- People with a Disability.
2016-17 Indigenous Sports Grants Program (ISGP) Open for Applications - Get up to $200 support
- an organised sport or active recreation competition or program of at least 6 weeks in duration;
- an education and training opportunity that relates directly to organised sport or active recreation; or
- a representative sport or active recreation opportunity.
Indigenous Sports Partnered Programs (ISPP)
The ACT Government's ISPP, administered by Active Canberra, is a funding program for eligible organisations seeking financial support for sport or active recreation programs that target Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
The primary objective of the ISPP is to increase participation opportunities in sport or active recreation for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and to build capacity within the community. The ISPP has an emphasis on a structured, frequent level of participation that supports positive health, social and wellbeing outcomes.
Funding for the ISPP has been provided to the ACT Government through the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet’s (DPM&C) Indigenous Advancement Strategy (IAS).
For more information on the ISPP please refer to the Indigenous Sports Partnered Programs (ISPP) web page.
Elite Indigenous Travel and Accommodation Assistance Program
The Elite Indigenous Travel and Accommodation Assistance Program (EITAAP) is an initiative that is jointly managed by the Australian Sports Commission (ASC) and Australian Government Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
EITAAP provides assistance to Indigenous sportspeople who are involved in official national championships and international competitions that are endorsed by relevant ASC recognised national sporting organisations or School Sport Australia.
Funding is available for athletes, coaches, managers or officials to assist with out-of-pocket travel and accommodation expenses when attending eligible national championships or international competitions.
- Application & Eligibility information Please note this application and link will be amended annually.
For more information:
- Phone: (02) 6214 1111
- Elite Indigenous Travel and Accommodation Assistance Program
Phone: (02) 6207 2076
Fax: (02) 6207 2071