ACTAS' Women's Football Program provide access to world-class coaching, facilities and support services as well as high performance training and competition environments with a view to:
- Provide off-field and individualised (performance and financial) support scholarships for Nationally categorised and/or FFA National Team members as well as to targeted Canberra United Winter Program players.
- Provide agreed performance service support to the Canberra United (CU) Team under the ACT Government’s Performance Sponsorship Program.
- Provide a feeder system into junior, youth and senior national programs.
- Improve the performance of athletes/teams at national level and so lift the international ranking of Australian representative athletes and teams.
- Expand the career and development opportunities for Australian coaches to ensure our athletes are provided with quality coaching.
Combine the resources of the Australian Sports Commission, State Institutes and Academies of Sport and National and State Sporting Organisations in a coordinated national program which provides maximum benefit to athletes.
Program Selection Criteria
Information relating to the ACTAS Football Program Selection Criteria is available through Capital Football.
Notable ACTAS Football Graduates
Peita Clare Hepperlin
ACTAS Women's Football Program
Phone: (02) 6207 4388 (+61 International)
Postal Address: ACT Academy of Sport, Building 20 Australian Institute of Sport, Bruce ACT 2617
Contact – Heather Garriock, Canberra United Head Coach
Capital Football Office, Football House, Unit 2 / 3 Phipps Close, Deakin, ACT, 2600 Ph: +61 2 6260 4000