Manuka Pool will officially reopen on Saturday 30 November 2019
Over the past six months, the ACT Government has undertaken extensive works at Manuka Pool to ensure it meets modern health standards. An important priority has been to retain the original heritage design elements of the pool for all Canberrans to enjoy for years to come.
Along with extensive works such as a new filtration plant, refurbished poolside seating and repainting of the building, the entire pool is being retiled.
To protect and retain Manuka Pool’s important and irreplaceable heritage values, an extensive worldwide search was undertaken for tiles that remained sympathetic to the original and met modern slip resistance standards – these tiles have been imported from the Czech Republic.
While every effort has been made to ensure there is minimal impact to the 2019-20 summer swim season, an unexpected delay in delivery of the tiles from the Czech Republic means that the reopening of Manuka Pool will be delayed until Saturday, 30 November 2019.
To celebrate the official reopening of Manuka Pool on Saturday, 30 November 2019, the Canberra community is invited to a special event with free entry and activities for the whole family. Stay tuned for more information!
While these works continue, Canberrans can still enjoy the following ACT Government pools across the city:
- Dickson Pool will open on 21 October 2019
- The outdoor pools at Canberra Olympic Pool in the City will open on 1 November 2019
- The outdoor splash park at Lakeside Leisure Centre in Tuggeranong will open on 5 October 2019
- Canberra Olympic Pool, Lakeside Leisure Centre, Gungahlin Leisure Centre and Active Leisure Centre in Erindale offer indoors pools which are open all year round.
The ACT Government is responsible for overseeing the contract management of six swimming pools in Canberra for public use.
Public pools offering a range of indoor facilities all year round include:
- Canberra Olympic Pool
- Lakeside Leisure Centre
- Gungahlin Leisure Centre
- Active Leisure Centre (Erindale)
Public pools offering outdoor facilities operating each summer include:
ACT's six public pools are managed by providers on behalf of the ACT Government. Pool and Facilities Fees and Charges are in line with the ACT Government fee structure for pools. All enquiries including opening hours, fees, memberships, bookings and events should be directed to the pool or leisure centre in the first instance.
Please find below a list of privately operated swimming pools in Canberra (both indoor or outdoor).
- Australian Institute of Sport Swimming Pool
- Aqua Calwell
- Black Mountain Pool
- Big Splash Waterpark
- Canberra International Sports and Aquatic Centre (CISAC)
- Evo Health Club Barton
- Gold Creek Aquatics Centre
- King Swim Macgregor
- Queanbeyan Memorial Swim Centre
- Phillip Swimming and Ice Skating Centre
- Rydges Capital Hill Canberra Recreational Facilities
- The Hyatt Hotel Pool
- Aquatots- Forde
- Kingswim Deakin