A request for proposal for the Participation Innovation Fund is now open and will close on Friday 3 May 2019.
Sport and Recreation is seeking proposals from individuals or organisations with a passion for health, recreation and fitness to identify and deliver creative physical activity opportunities to get more people active in the ACT.
The Participation Innovation Fund will provide $200,000 in support for up to four initiatives ($50,000 each) to specifically target Canberrans that are not engaged in physical activity. Through this Request for Proposal (RFP) we are seeking pilot projects, for implementation in 2019, that will:
- Engage communities through localised delivery;
- Specifically target people from a population group that is under-represented in physical
activity participation, including but not limited to people from Culturally Diverse
backgrounds (particularly women), people with disabilities, parents with young children and
the Indigenous community;
- Identify and deliver creative physical activity opportunities, not necessarily confined to
“sport”, that respond directly to community needs;
- Consider how personalised approaches and modifications might be applied that will limit
barriers to non-engagement; and
- Explore opportunities for how any pilot could be “scaled up” for broader delivery beyond the
Pilot projects do not necessarily have to be “new”, but if pre-existing you will be required to
demonstrate how Government funding will enable program reach and delivery to be improved.
How to apply
For information on eligibility requirements and how to apply please refer to Request for Proposal - Participation Innovation Fund.
If you have any questions or want to talk through your ideas we’d really encourage you to talk with us prior to finalising your RFP.
If you have any questions or would like a face-to-face meeting, please contact email@example.com or phone 6207 2080.