Combat Sport Event Applications and Payments
Boxing Control Act 1993
While the Controlled Sports Bill 2018 has been introduced to the Legislative Assembly, the Boxing Control Act and its regulations will remain in force until it is repealed. Please ensure you continue to meet all requirements.
Applications and payments to promote or arrange professional, amateur or Pro/Am fight shows online can be made through Access Canberra.
To Promote or Arrange Professional, Amateur or Pro/Am combat Sports Contests in the ACT please complete this Application for Combat Sports Contests form.
- Unless you have made prior arrangements with Sport and Recreation, draft fight cards are due at the time of lodging your online application.
- Online applications can be saved and returned to at a later time if required. Be sure to record your reference number in a safe place. You are encouraged to commence this process early to allow sufficient time to meet this deadline; and
- Document uploads have a maximum size limit of 10MB. File formats are accepted in Word, Excel, PDF, GIF, PNG or JPEG. It is acceptable to take a photo of a document as an alternative to scanning. Please make sure the image is clear and readable for uploading.
Application for Female Combatants to Compete in a Professional Combat Sport Contest
Professional female combatants can also complete their application form online and upload certificate of fitness and serological clearance certificate. This is the only requirement that currently exists separately from NSW for professional contestants. This requirement will be removed once new legislation is in effect as the same process will apply for all contestants, regardless of gender.
To receive approval for a Female to compete in a Professional Combat Sport Contest please compete this Application for Female Combatants form.
Please ensure that you print off a copy of the document below for the Medical Practitioner to complete, which includes a copy of the Certificate of Fitness and Serological Clearance Certificates. You can then upload these documents as part of the online application.
Document to take to the Medical Practitioner:
- Approval for a Female to Compete in a Professional Combat Sport Contest (PDF 349.5 KB)
- Approval for a Female to Compete in a Professional Combat Sport Contest (Word 28.4 KB)
Questions regarding event applications can be directed to (02) 6207 2528 or email Sean.Willis@act.gov.au.