The ACT Academy of Sport (ACTAS) was formed in 1989 as the high performance arm of Active Canberra.
ACTAS is an endorsed Official Olympic and Paralympic Training Centre and a member of the National Institute Network (NIN). Membership of the NIN includes the eight (8) Australian state and territory institutes and academies of sport as well as the Australian Institute of Sport.
The eight state and territory institutes and academies of sport (SIS/SAS), together with the AIS, form Australia's National Institute Network (NIN). The SIS/SAS provide high performance services and support in partnership with National Sporting Organisations in their respective state and territory jurisdictions with a view to delivering high quality daily training environments for priority athletes and teams.
ACTAS programs are formed via partnership agreements between the National Sporting Organisation (NSO), State Sporting Organisation (SSO), and the ACT Government (via ACTAS).
ACTAS provides the daily training environment and a range of performance services for supported talented athletes including:
- Athletic Performance and Rehabilitation; including Athletic Performance, Performance Science and Sports Medicine Coordination and Rehabilitation
- Performance Nutrition
- Performance Psychology
- Personal Excellence
- Competition Support
- Program Management support
The leading environment to enhance talented ACT athletes.
To contribute to Australia's Wining Edge by providing a quality daily training environment that enhances athletic development through providing quality high performance programs and services that recognise individuals' athletic needs and facilitate growth and excellence.
ACTAS Business Priorities
- Environment – a daily training environment that rewards commitment, excellence and personal growth
- Programs – relevant and contemporary programs that foster ongoing individual athletic development and meet broader national elite sport objectives
- People – recruitment and retention of quality people through recognising and rewarding excellence
- Services – targeted performance service provision that fosters ongoing athletic growth, health and well being
- Partnerships – identify and develop strong partnerships with strategic partners
- Commercial – explore commercial opportunities that will assist in the delivery of our goals and objectives
- Development – assist sports in identifying and cultivating athletic development pathways
ACTAS Operating Principles and Values
ACTAS will conduct our business under the following operating principles and values:
- Integrated high performance environment that is 'athlete centred', driven by the coaches, and serviced by the integrated performance service staff
- High quality services in all our business dealings
- A culture of accountability and respect
- Promote regular healthy communication and continue to enhance relationships with our strategic partners
- Ensure a high level duty of care to those within our charge
- Develop and nurture our people – staff, coaches, providers – to enable them to deliver high quality programs and services
- Innovation - better position the ACTAS to maximise competitive advantages in elite sport training and coaching
ACT Academy of Sport
Phone: (02) 6207 4388 (+61 International)
Postal Address: PO Box 147 Civic Square Canberra ACT 2608